Salary Guide for Tech Sales
Know your worth
I wanted to share a helpful tool for negotiating salaries for your next role.
Few things to keep in mind:
1) This is a base salary only that I’ve shown!
2) Your commission should be about 50% of your base salary in entry-level roles and then scale down to about 30% in more senior roles.
3) Paths are now always this linear. You can go from BDR to AE to then BDM & back to AE. As long as you have a valid reason. (Moving from SMB to Enterprise for example)
4) Move at your own rate! Some people are able to scale this in 7-10 years some in twenty.
5) Just don’t take to long at the start! SDR and BDR roles are one-year commitments!